Adecco, the sole supplier of vacancies at Amazon Dunfermline is now hiring for roles based at Amazon Fulfillment Centre, (EDI4) Amazon Way, Dunfermline, KY11 8XT.
Rate of pay:
£9.70 per hour for day time shifts.
£11.46 for night time shifts.
Overtime up to £19.40 per hour.
Earn a bonus of £500-£750 subject to start date, location, attendance and shift worked. This is made up of £50 paid weekly subject to attendance. Plus a £250 bonus if you work up to 24 December 2020.
Health and safety are a top priority with all of Amazon's roles and sites. Amazon continues to consult with medical and health experts, and take all recommended precautions in buildings and stores to keep people healthy. Amazon has taken measures to promote social distancing in the workplace and taken on enhanced and frequent cleaning, to name just a few.
As a warehouse operative you must have a passion for ensuring that customers receive a first-class Amazon experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As a warehouse operative you may be asked to work in various areas of the building, the main departments being Inbound and Outbound. Tasks may include:
- Handling the full range of goods by Amazon and its Marketplace sellers in the UK, including but not limited to: age restricted products, food (including nuts and meat) and alcohol and chemicals
- Efficiently and effectively receiving and storing goods inwards following Amazon's internal processes and procedures and using radio frequency scanners
- Pick our customer orders ensuring a high level of quality and productivity
- Accurately pack and ship our customer orders to ensure we meet customers' high expectations
- • Accurately read instructions from a scanner
- • Relocate products using forklifts, pump truck and power pallet truck
- • Consistently achieve targets set for your department
- • Adhere to safety, quality and production standards
Physical Demands - The role involves the following physical demands on a daily basis:
- standing and/or walking for long periods of between 8 and 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Lifting and moving products up to 23kg in weight
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 8 to 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Pushing and pulling product up to 23kg in weight for 8 to 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
- Working on a secure mezzanine at a height of between 9 to 12 meters (equivalent to a 3 or 4 storey building)
- Regularly climbing and descending four flights of stairs safely
Apply today, start tomorrow.