SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Job Type: Contract (1-year)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Job Location: Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Remuneration: As Laboratory Technician, you'll receive a salary of between £16,000 and £17,000, depending on experience.
As Laboratory Technician, you'll be responsible for match samples received from customers with appropriate paperwork and prepare samples for testing by the analytical laboratories in accordance with written and verbal instructions and with due regard to Health, Safety and Quality standards and the principles of GCLP.
- Analyse samples in accordance with appropriate analytical test procedures, to ensure that samples are tested in accordance with client requirements.
- Process samples within turnaround times agreed with both our internal and external customers to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Participate in internal and external audits, IQC and EQA testing schemes to demonstrate that the laboratory testing is being performed to an acceptable standard.
- To perform activities in the transferring laboratory, this includes counting plates, subbing pathogen samples and Elisa.
- To assist in the pathogen laboratory when required to promote teamwork.
To be successful in this role, you'll need extensive experience in analytical testing activities, as well as previous experience of working in a testing laboratory, meeting exacting process and client demands.
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following;
- Able to organise and prioritise workload.
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Able to adopt a flexible approach to work and react effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to work under own initiative and with a high degree of autonomy & maturity.
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
- Experience of testing within the food industry.
- Sound working knowledge of the prevailing business activities within AFL.
- Knowledge of IT systems, particularly MS Office applications.
- Experience of working within a UKAS laboratory.
- Experience in a service industry related to the food industry.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days...... click apply for full job details